<$BlogRSDURL$>
Reading

Hannu Salama: Kosti Herhiläisen perunkirjoitus
Flickr photographs
www.flickr.com
More of my Flickr photos
∙ Current position: Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Researcher, Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Helsinki
∙ Ph.D. dissertation Neighborhood Shopkeepers in Contemporary South Korea: Household, Work, and Locality available online (E-Thesis publications a the University of Helsinki). For printed copies, please contact me by e-mail.
Contact ∙ Personal
cellularmailmy del.icio.us bookmarks
my photographs at Flickr
Anthropology at U. of Helsinki
Finnish Anthropological Society
Powered by Blogger

Anthropology, Korean studies and that

Savage Minds
Keywords
Golublog
photoethnography
antropologi.info
Solongseeyoutomorrow
Constructing Amusement
Otherwise
Frog in a Well

Often visited

The Marmot's Hole Gusts Of Popular FeelingSanchon Hunjang Mark RussellLanguage hatMuninngyuhang.netSedisKemppinenJokisipiläPanun palsta
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Google this blog
Download Hangul Viewer 2002
Download Hangul Office Viewer 2007

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spam of the week

Getting spam mail is of course tiring and annoying, but sometimes a good piece of spam can even create a smile or even laughter.
My name is JANG DOO-HWAN, The brother of Mr. CHUN DOO-HWAN, the former President of South Korea who seized power in a military coup in 1979 and who ruled from 1979 to 1987. My brother was pushed out of office and charged with treason ,corruption and embezzlement of over 21billion won. He was wrongly sentenced to death but fortunately AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL stepped in and commuted the sentence to life. We thank God that he has finally being released though still under house arrest in the sense of conditions of the freedom.
During my brother's regime as president of South Korea, we realized some reasonable amount of money from various deals that we successfully executed. I have plans to invest this money for my children's future on real estate and industrial production. Before my brother's was overthrown, I secretly siphoned the sum of $30,000,000 million USD (Thirty million United states dollars) out of Seoul and deposited the money with a security firm that transports valuable goods and consignments through diplomatic means. I am contacting you because I want you to deal with the security company and claim the money on my behalf since I have declared that the consignment belong to my foreign business partner. You shall also be required to assist me in investment in your country.
[...]
Please also send me your telephone and fax number. I will ask my son to contact you to give you more details on after I have received a response from you. I am going to introduce you to him as an age long friend so as to prevent him from using any of his own friends who I regard as sycophants who are around him for financial gains and treacherous if he gives them this opportunity. This I got from the experience I had when the people turned against Chun, my brother that became the prelude of our sorrow. The reason why it took this long was that the security company's agreement with me was that my brother must personally sign the Powerof Attorney that will transfer title to the prospective beneficiary. It was a long wait but it paid off. His excellency, Chun Doo-Hwan does not want to be personally involved for security reason. Your quick response will be highly appreciated.
By the way, I also heard that the former president Chun Doo-hwan has yet another brother called Kim Doo-hwan, and that he also has an offer of millions of millions of dollars if you only send him his telephone and fax and number and credit card details.

On another thought, we might in fact clear some space in our garage for a few apple boxes for Mr Jang, if his brother Mr Chun has trouble finding space for those he has left, but on the condition that only the uppermost contains apples. We both know, Mr Jang, what there's supposed to be in the rest of them.

Categories at del.icio.us/hunjang:

Comments to note "Spam of the week" (Comments to posts older than 14 days are moderated)

<Anonymous Anonymous> said on 20.3.05 : 

Well, you forgot... Chun Doo-hwan has three brothers: Jang Doo-hwan, Kim Doo-hwan, Yi Doo-hwan and Pak Doo-hwan.

<Blogger Owen> said on 20.3.05 : 

Judy Han posted a Park Chung-hee one at [otherwise] a while ago. The funny thing about this one is that they've obviously done some research... but still don't know the first thing about Korea.

<Blogger dotorious> said on 17.4.05 : 

This IS funny. What next? My Park Chung Hee post is here.


Write a Comment