<$BlogRSDURL$>
Reading

Hannu Salama: Kosti Herhiläisen perunkirjoitus
Flickr photographs
www.flickr.com
More of my Flickr photos
∙ Current position: Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Researcher, Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Helsinki
∙ Ph.D. dissertation Neighborhood Shopkeepers in Contemporary South Korea: Household, Work, and Locality available online (E-Thesis publications a the University of Helsinki). For printed copies, please contact me by e-mail.
Contact ∙ Personal
cellularmailmy del.icio.us bookmarks
my photographs at Flickr
Anthropology at U. of Helsinki
Finnish Anthropological Society
Powered by Blogger

Anthropology, Korean studies and that

Savage Minds
Keywords
Golublog
photoethnography
antropologi.info
Solongseeyoutomorrow
Constructing Amusement
Otherwise
Frog in a Well

Often visited

The Marmot's Hole Gusts Of Popular FeelingSanchon Hunjang Mark RussellLanguage hatMuninngyuhang.netSedisKemppinenJokisipiläPanun palsta
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Google this blog
Download Hangul Viewer 2002
Download Hangul Office Viewer 2007

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Jang Sa-ik singing career 10th anniversary concert

장사익: 하늘 가는 길 / Jang Sa-ik: 'Road to Heaven'The singer Jang Sa-ik (장사익) has his career 10th anniversary concert on November 17 in the Sejong Cultural Center, tells Hankyoreh. I had always thought that his career had been longer, but it was only in 1994 that he debuted. From the debute concert program: "I want to shout out my voice. Today I take off the clothes of my voice in front of all the good people. I'll shout with excitement and without desire. I'm the luckiest bastard in the world."

I found out Jang Sa-ik when I wanted to buy something traditional Korean singing, and the cover of his first album (see the linked picture) Hanûl kanûn kil attracted me so much. Jang is a true sorikkun, who sings and shouts out the joys and sorrows of the world in a sincere and inspired manner.

For the interested, some of Jang Sa-ik's music can be found here. (Those residing in Korea are of course adviced to go to a cd store.)

Categories at del.icio.us/hunjang:

Comments to note "Jang Sa-ik singing career 10th anniversary concert" (Comments to posts older than 14 days are moderated)


Write a Comment